Monday, July 9, 2012

Another one DOWN!

Last Friday brought another Dr. appt and Herceptin treatment.  I had another MRI June25 and was waiting for this appointment to get the results - Good News, nothing showed on the MRI - WhooHoo!!  Following that I went into the Chemo room for the Herceptin treatment, which is an 1.5 hour IV drip.  Pretty uneventful since there weren't many others there getting treatment and it emptied out while I was there.  This is my second chemo without Mary and the others there but my spirits are still high as I continue to feel stronger and better everyday!

We celebrated Brooklyn's 6th birthday last night.  I'm amazed at how fast the grand kids are growing up and am sooo looking forward to our vacation time together.  Brooklyn has an infectious smile and is so energetic! Melissa decorated everything so cute (as always) with colored netting, ribbons, etc.  What I would have given for a birthday celebration that cool when I was a kid!!  She does so many wonderful things for their kids! I'm so glad she's able to be home with them and do it all (hopefully, her energy will hold out for a few more years, LOL)  We had cupcakes and ice cream and pink chocolate covered strawberries.  Brooklyn opened her gifts - necklace, earrings, sidewalk chalk and a bubble machine.  Dext got the bubble machine going and the kids had fun running around popping the mass of bubbles - and we had fun watching!

Hope all is well you with - and wishing healing and comfort to Caren.
Love you all
Nancy

1 comment:

  1. I am happy to hear the MR was clear. That is wonderful! Brooklyn and Sam are both enjoying the bubble machine.

    ReplyDelete